VB6 Wish List
Date: 01.19.12 - 1:49pm
here is my little wish list for the things I wish VB6 had native support for.
Things I am glad it doesnt have
- unsigned int and long types
- inline asm
- ability to link with C lib and obj files
- ability to define multiple classes in one file
- on error handling is a little kludgy but simple
- ability to compile the runtime functions and common ocx code right into the binary
for no dependancy distribution
C# is actually a decent language, with a nice set of libraries, but it is also pretty bloated. And I hate
that I have to have multiple versions of the .NET runtime installed on my machine at once. gigabytes lost
- class inheritance - causes more confusion and code hunting than its worth plus
objects can get really big in intellisense really fast which makes learning new
code more time consuming.
WHen M$ is done with their break neck innovation and ogghh shinneyyyy phase, I hope they will come back to earth and ground themselves in tryign to create stable technologies instead of tryign to chase (and create) media blitz (WPF anyone?)
All i really want is a stable business language that doesnt have a zillion features that help people write confusing code, is easys to write stable UIs in and can integrate with other languages well. I will not relearn my ABCs every other year and fuck you for trying to make me.